RX Girls Miami – 10.01.12

1 Oct

I’m Back!

Hey everyone, I had my baby and I’m finally getting to a point where I’m getting my schedule back on track. The end of my pregnancy was rough, cause even though I wasn’t working anymore I just was SO tired. All I wanted to do was relax before the baby came! I’m glad I got an opportunity to do that because man, this little guy wakes me up a lot! Here he is:¬† (he already has a hook grip!)

Image

Anyway, so I figured I would make my first post about getting back on track. Something I’m sure lots of you have had to deal with, be it because of school, laziness, a baby, whatever… Not only is it difficult to get back into training, but the diet is hard to get back on track with too! Here are some things I have found to help me during these last couple weeks:

1. Take it slow. Doing too much too soon can actually set you back rather than move you forward. No matter what you were doing before, realize that after some time you will not be doing that anymore. You will have to start over and that’s OK.
  2. Don’t be too hard on yourself. If something feels hard, you miss a few days cause you’re sore, you slip on your diet more than you would like, that’s fine. Be proud that you are taking steps to get it right again.
  3. STRETCH! You will be sore as shit.
  4. Set small goals, just like you did in the beginning. Small, short term goals are obviously easier to attain than long term ones, AND they help to boost your confidence.
  5. Make yourself accountable by telling other people about what you are doing. If nobody knows your goals, nobody will know when you slip and nobody will be able to encourage you to keep going.

SO, on that note here are my goals for my post baby fitness:

• Do 4 workouts a week (at least), including at least one day focusing on strength. I will set new maxes and goals for my dead lift, press, and squat, hoping to be almost back to my old numbers by mid-November.
  • I will eat clean at every meal, eliminating refined added sugars and gluten (no starbucks lattes, no coffee cake, no sweet potato fries, no cheats during the week AT ALL!)
  • I will allow myself ONE cheat meal on weekends only, and dark chocolate on weekends ONLY! (this is big for me cause I love dark chocolate and raspberries almost every night lately)
  • I will eat more veggies and less fruit.
  • Update RX Girls Blog at least twice a month!

Good luck to me and good luck to you guys who are in the same boat! Thanks for all of you that have kept reading  :)

8 Responses to “RX Girls Miami – 10.01.12”

1. tponder08 October 1, 2012 at 1:15 pm #

This is perfect timing for me as well. I am starting a Whole30 for the month of October and setting a goal to workout atleast 3 times a week — because it is about time for me to get back on track! Being so busy with school and work (both full-time) and studying for the CPA exam, I have let my training and clean eating go to the wayside.

So happy for you and your adorable son! Like you said above, it is all about being patient with yourself and not expecting overnight results — and not getting discouraged by that!

Great post! :)

• Monik October 1, 2012 at 2:47 pm #

Taylor! Glad to hear you are still going at it. I haven’t seen you in forever! What class times are you gonna go to?? Good luck!

• Taylor October 1, 2012 at 6:11 pm #

Thank you! I’m starting back tomorrow at 6am! I will either be going to the 6am classes or 8pm because of my busy schedule. I’m excited to be back!

2. idrankthecfkoolaid October 1, 2012 at 1:17 pm #

Welcome back. Your son is PRECIOUS! Congrats. And I’m wishing you the best on getting back on track in all aspects of life. It seems like you’re in a good place already :)

Not sure if this is your first kiddo or not but just know LIFE likes to throw curveballs. Just remember to flow with it, laugh at yourself and life, cry if you need and just keep going.

Best wishes!

• Monik October 1, 2012 at 2:46 pm #

Thank you! Yep he is my first and so far I’m learning that nothing is predictable with him… I have come to accept that I just won’t sleep or know what he is gonna do for a while haha!

Thanks for your comment :)

3. Desiree October 1, 2012 at 7:36 pm #

Mo!!! Been thinking about you lately. Every time I pass by Soul, I want to just run in and sign myself up again. My biggest issue is time. Although i am currently on maternity Leave, once I go back to work, my availability will be pretty much NONE!! Are you guys still doing the 6AM classes, and what are the latest Crossfit classes weekly. I definitely want to come back to Crossfit, NOT boot-camp. Let’s chat soon. Big hug to your gorgeous gordo!!!

• Monik October 2, 2012 at 5:10 pm #

Hi Desi,
      YES get in here!!! We still have 6AM Mon-Fri and the latest class is 8PM. It’s hard to get going again but it’s worth it man, you don’t wanna be one of those chicks that says they never got their body back after the baby. That’s my biggest motivation, I think. That, and I love training, it’s my stress relief. I get to bust my ass for an hour, get my adrenaline going, and feel awesome and accomplished after.

Hope I can see you soon!

4. Angela March 23, 2013 at 8:47 am #

Hi! I just started crossfit…. Uffff love it. Can you help me out with what i should eat? They say go Paleo, others tell me Paleo but no dairy! Others even tell me no fruit but you can have a handful of blueberries ( no fruit? Berries Are fruit) … Anyway… Help!