Hey everyone, I had my baby and I’m finally getting to a point where I’m getting my schedule back on track. The end of my pregnancy was rough, cause even though I wasn’t working anymore I just was SO tired. All I wanted to do was relax before the baby came! I’m glad I got an opportunity to do that because man, this little guy wakes me up a lot! Here he is: (he already has a hook grip!)
Anyway, so I figured I would make my first post about getting back on track. Something I’m sure lots of you have had to deal with, be it because of school, laziness, a baby, whatever… Not only is it difficult to get back into training, but the diet is hard to get back on track with too! Here are some things I have found to help me during these last couple weeks:
- Take it slow. Doing too much too soon can actually set you back rather than move you forward. No matter what you were doing before, realize that after some time you will not be doing that anymore. You will have to start over and that’s OK.
- Don’t be too hard on yourself. If something feels hard, you miss a few days cause you’re sore, you slip on your diet more than you would like, that’s fine. Be proud that you are taking steps to get it right again.
- STRETCH! You will be sore as shit.
- Set small goals, just like you did in the beginning. Small, short term goals are obviously easier to attain than long term ones, AND they help to boost your confidence.
- Make yourself accountable by telling other people about what you are doing. If nobody knows your goals, nobody will know when you slip and nobody will be able to encourage you to keep going.
SO, on that note here are my goals for my post baby fitness:
- Do 4 workouts a week (at least), including at least one day focusing on strength. I will set new maxes and goals for my dead lift, press, and squat, hoping to be almost back to my old numbers by mid-November.
- I will eat clean at every meal, eliminating refined added sugars and gluten (no starbucks lattes, no coffee cake, no sweet potato fries, no cheats during the week AT ALL!)
- I will allow myself ONE cheat meal on weekends only, and dark chocolate on weekends ONLY! (this is big for me cause I love dark chocolate and raspberries almost every night lately)
- I will eat more veggies and less fruit.
- Update RX Girls Blog at least twice a month!
Good luck to me and good luck to you guys who are in the same boat! Thanks for all of you that have kept reading